COMMERCIAL AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR
Title: Commercial and Business Administrator
Company: DEF Ltd.
Industry: Music Management
Location: Richmond, SW London (blended working)
Salary: Negotionable; depending on experience
The Business Commercial Coordinator’s main responsibilities consist of supporting the Head of Business Affairs and Commercial for DEF’s roster of Management Artists, together with their Record Label operations.
Specifically this includes contract management for their Recording, Publishing, Live Performance, Image arrangements, Commercial label operations and D2C support, Royalty administration, Licensing, Neighbouring Rights registrations, and assisting with preparation of label copy and metadata.
Reporting also to the Company Directors, the role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their knowledge and provide support with the Artist’s commercial opportunities and contract management in the music industry. The candidate should be able to organise and assist with multiple projects at the same time, supporting DEF’s project manager with Artists’ campaign administration and compliance. This role will give the right candidate a fantastic chance to work with in a successful, well established and independent management company being exposed to many facets of the music business.
- Assisting in preparation and negotiations of a wide range of contracts including record licences, song writing & publishing, producer, (re)mixer, photography, video, synch licenses etc.
- Coordinating, arranging signatures and filing of such agreements
- Liaising with Artists over the use of their repertoire in Licensing activities – requires and understanding of the Artist’s preferences as well as the key contractual terms for licensing.
- Working through the processes and operations following receipt of the Artist’s new music through to a commercial release.
- Ensuring accurate details are maintained supporting such releases
- Liaising with Project Manager’s activities, checking and verifying label copy/metadata and filing key artists contracts and assets
- Maintenance of the contract database, must have a keen eye for detail to prepare contract summaries and management of the artist’s agreements
- Chasing and obtaining agreements for signature
- Liaising with accountants, agents and promoters with regards to live performances and touring and associated live contracts, musicians an crew agreements
- Royalty administration (prior knowledge of experience would be be a help) including assisting in tracking delivery in and out of artists and their third party (e.g. producer) royalty statements
DEF is an independent music management company with more than 20 years of experience and global success with a roster of passionate and eclectic artists supported by a small and dedicated team. Ideally the perfect applicant should have a minimum of two years relevant work experience with a record label, publisher or other music industry background and an affinity with the music we work with. For further information please check out our website.
Private health insurance
Cash back health scheme
Cycle to work scheme.
If you would like to apply please send your cv and cover letter to [email protected].